cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Local attribute for EPM document

Ramakaliappan
6-Contributor

Local attribute for EPM document

Hello there,

I want to create local attribute for EPM document but  I cannot create  local attribute for  EPM documents even though i added columns (using Add columns in windchill shell), but i can create local attribute for WTPart and Documents using Add columns, is there any way to customize the creation for local attribute for EPMDocuments or we cannot create local attributes for EPM documents???

9 REPLIES 9
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ramakaliappan)

I'm not sure standard (= local) attributes are supported on EPMDoument.

You should have a look on the PTC guide / help.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
Ramakaliappan
6-Contributor
(To:Florent)

Why it is not supported??

He didn't say there were NOT supported.  He said he was not sure and that you should look at the help guide.

Ramakaliappan
6-Contributor
(To:STEVEG)

i look at it but it is not more specific

Florent
14-Alexandrite

So, I confirm EPM Document or CAD Document cannot host local/standard attribute.

As you can see below, you cannot choose standard or local.
CADDocument.pngEPMDocument.png

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
Ramakaliappan
6-Contributor

Thanks for considering my question froussel , i appreciate your help. But i already know EPM Document or CAD Document cannot host local/standard attribute.. I am just asking #Why??

Florent
14-Alexandrite

Your first question was to know if there is a way to add a local attribute on EPM Document.

Do you have a use case where you specifically need local attribute (vs reusable) ?

Why is this so important for you to know why ? There might be good reason why PTC didn't implemented this functionality on EPM Document.

From a technical perspective, I would think there are implications with WGM (like the mapping between CAD properties/parameters and Windchill attributes).

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
Ramakaliappan
6-Contributor

I appreciate for your support ,as you said there might be a good reason , i am seeking out  for that good reason

A multi-org company where business units need separate attributes that are not repeated across segments (orgs)

Top Tags