cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Looking for Feedback Enovia vs windchill on creo 4, 5

Kainjfr69
6-Contributor

Looking for Feedback Enovia vs windchill on creo 4, 5

Hi
We are currently in purchasing process for a Plm solution who could work with creo 5 or 6, and also Catia for the other engineering department.
Our final choice will be between Windchill vs Enovia.
And for the moment the price is better for Enovia
Because we asked to windchill the possibility to attach a document to a part or assembly, suchlike modification requests or quality reports.
I have already worked with windchill in previous company, and i liked it, but for Enovia i am a bit afraid of no full compatibility and maybe other things that we don't know.
That's why I am very interested about feedback with enovia and creo 4 or 5 ?
Because we already know that enovia is not compatible with creo 6 for the moment.
Does it work well? Family table etc...? References management etc...
Thank you
4 REPLIES 4
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:Kainjfr69)

I am in the same situation. Would you mind sharing what you know of Enovia?  Cost comparison, major feature differences, etc.

Kainjfr69
6-Contributor
(To:avillanueva)

Hi
Enovia and windchill can do the same job it's depend of which license level you can buy.
The basic licenses have the same fonctions.
Enovia seems to work without dedicated workspace.
Enovia seems to be more customisable for each users. (not good on my point of view if you want to have same interface and IT help)
Enovia is late on new creo release integration, for example creo 6 will be compatible only on 2020, approximatively at the same date of Creo 7 release.
Enovia seems to be cheaper on long time, because of sheaper maintenance but you have to buy licenses at the beginning, where windchill only propose a renting system with license and maintenance in the same price. Good or bad if you use to have many cad service providers.
For both software you will have to rent or buy a conversion software to implement creo file in Enovia or Catia part in windchill and that for each new update or release.
Kainjfr69
6-Contributor

Kainjfr69
6-Contributor

And a very interesting video of Windchill with creo and Also Catia integration 

That show us that the design and process are practically the same even if you have to use outside windows for Catia it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk1O0KMpsYA

Top Tags