cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

MAPSB View access (ACL)

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

MAPSB View access (ACL)

Greetings,

Wondering if it is possible to control who can see different BOM Views?

We can create the new View in a location that has limited access, but would that restrict seeing the view in the part history tab. Would the restricted location also prevent users from revising the wrong view.

3 REPLIES 3
Casey_Swain
12-Amethyst
(To:lgrant)

I'd love to see ACL's extend to views, and I'm pretty sure I've asked PTC Product Management before, but I haven't heard of any plans to do so.
We use different Contexts with different role memberships and "business rules" (not the WC kind) for where views are created as a workaround.

Casey

Hi Casey,

I would like to ask if you guys are maintaining different folders for different Views (Design, Manufacturing, Service)...?

Well, what I have been told by PTC is that if one follows the above process of having stored different Views in different folders then it should give the opportunity to define ACLs based on Views. 

Thank you

Regards,

PRKAC

lgrant
14-Alexandrite
(To:PRKAC)

That's a good idea. If the OIR names the location for each view we could send users to a dead end if we don't want them to create a "legacy" view. We would have blasted them with training so this should not be a surprise.

It seems that the controls in place for default view is only for new part creation within Windchill and not via Creo check-in.

Top Tags