cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

MC error must be 0

NB_10021874
5-Regular Member

MC error must be 0

7 REPLIES 7

Hello NB_10021874,

Thank you for your question. 

It looks you haven't described your issue and it just states "MC error must be 0" which does not seem complete. 
I’d like to recommend to bring more details and context to your initial inquiry

It also helps to have screenshot(s) to better understand what you are trying to do in your process. 

This will increase your chances to receive meaningful help from other Community members. 

Regards,

Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

NB_10021874
5-Regular Member
(To:vnamboodheri)

At the time creating Permotion request I am facing error msg " MC error must be 0"

MC = ModelCheck 

You can configure Windchill to ensure the objects collected in your promotion request are "error free".  However, we do not use this feature because there may be many exceptions.  I am no WC admin, therefore I am not able to help you on this 🙂

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:NB_10021874)

Your Windchill admin has set ModelCheck to block all check-ins that have errors. Read the generated ModelCheck report and fix the errors. 

It is an imperfect solution. My system is set to 0 errors, too. But the items I have flagged for errors are things that we have determined MUST be in our files.

Hi @NB_10021874 

Contact your Windchill administrator to discuss why you are forced to use modelcheck. 

He should explain what is controlled in your models and tell you what you should correct.

Or you can convince him to turn off MCERROR check during checkin

If the error is presented during promotion request, then it is some customization that controls your models if the modelchekc was used and MCERROR is really 0.

Also in this situation you should contact your Windchill / CAD Administrator to discus what is wrong. 

Each organization has different rules and different quality check. 

PetrH

NB_10021874
5-Regular Member
(To:HelesicPetr)

At the time of creating Promotion request from Change Activity user getting error.

User want to promote

Resulting object from inwork to Approved state through the promotion request.

When user trying to complete the promotion request

User is getting error MC error must be 0

Hi @NB_10021874 

If you need to solve the issue without your administrator, you need to open the objects in CAD software and run the modelcheck and all errors has to be solved in the model. 

After the model contains 0 MC ERRORS the promotion request can be completed. 

PetrH

Top Tags