cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MPM Link: how to reuse existing mBOM to create mBOM for new part

ArjenBlok
7-Bedrock

MPM Link: how to reuse existing mBOM to create mBOM for new part

Based on the eBOM of a wtPart we created a new view version in the mBOM. The mBOM is restructured and documents, process plans, tooling, etc. are added.

wtPart 123 (Design)   --->   wtPart 123 (Manufacturing)

Due to a engineering change affecting Form Fit Function a new wtPart (eBOM) is created.

wtPart 123 (Design)   --->   wtPart 345 (Design)

Because the differences in definition are only small we want to reuse the existing mBOM (wtPart 123) to create the mBOM for the new wtPart 345. We spent a lot of time to create the initial mBOM and would like to only apply the differences and not to completely rebuild the mBOM from the mBOM.

wtPart 123 (Manufacturing)  ---> wtPart 345 (Manufacturing)

Any one having an efficient way of working to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Shakil,

Thanks for your response and the nice video. This is a fine solution if the design engineer creates the new wtPart by Duplicate. I tried it myself and this is the kind of functionality I am looking for.

Your video pointed me in de right direction. The solution for me is:

0 create the new part number (Design view)

1 open de new part number (Design view) in de MAPSB Upstream

2 open de old part number (Manufacturing view) in de MAPSB Downstream

3 click New Downstream Branch Variant and the mBOM definition of the old part is transfered to the new part number (Manufacturing view).

4 via the reconciliation assistance update in the eBOM can be highlighted and implemented in an update of the mBOM.  

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Shakil
5-Regular Member
(To:ArjenBlok)

Please find the attached Video. This might help.

Thanks,

Shakil

Hello Shakil,

Thanks for your response and the nice video. This is a fine solution if the design engineer creates the new wtPart by Duplicate. I tried it myself and this is the kind of functionality I am looking for.

Your video pointed me in de right direction. The solution for me is:

0 create the new part number (Design view)

1 open de new part number (Design view) in de MAPSB Upstream

2 open de old part number (Manufacturing view) in de MAPSB Downstream

3 click New Downstream Branch Variant and the mBOM definition of the old part is transfered to the new part number (Manufacturing view).

4 via the reconciliation assistance update in the eBOM can be highlighted and implemented in an update of the mBOM.  

Thanks!

Top Tags