cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

MPMLink, link from MBOM to upstream engineering part drawing

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

MPMLink, link from MBOM to upstream engineering part drawing

Hmmm... no answers, let's try refrasing the question  😄

Is it possible to link the drawing from the upstream wtpart in Engineering View where the drawing is linked with calculated association to a downstream wtpart in Manufacturing View?

-----------------------

Hi,

I've just started playing with installing MPMLink (11.0 M030 CPS16) to see if we could use it for MBOM, but I'm stuck with something probably very basic.

The idea is to build MBOM from EBOM, in MAPSB "New Downstream Part" is ok, that could be used, but what is needed to maintain the link to the upstream wtpart related EPMDoc drawing, which are associated with calculated links? What we want is to be able to fetch the engineering drawings through the MBOM structure, but is it doable?

In Installation and Configuration Guide there's a section "To convert buildrule links to Inherited links..." 

What is an "inherited link"? How does it behave compared to other association types documented in Help Center?

5 REPLIES 5
PRKAC
11-Garnet
(To:HJ1)

Hi,

Try the below attached Association Type for CAD & .DRW files.

With below Association Type when defined, it is possible to carry over all related documents, CAD files, and Drawing files from Design View Pane to Manufacturing View Pane.

Regards...!!!

PRKAC

PRKAC
11-Garnet

Sorry missed out adding attachment for Association Type to be defined.

Regards...!!!

PRKAC

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:PRKAC)

Hi!

Thanks,

Confirms what I've tested, it's necessary that the association for the drawing & wtpart in Design view is "Content". That may be a bit of a problem as everything currently is with Calculated...

Seems that another way is to manually add the drawing to the wtpart on the Manufacturing pane which will add it as "Content" there while in Design pane it remains as "Calculated". Not so convenient.

It must be tested to understand the effects of either way to go.

PRKAC
11-Garnet

Yes... it will not be a convenient approach when BoM structure is huge. 

Make senses to have all relevant documents & CAD files associated with the Design View WTParts and them have them automatically propagated to desired Downstream View. 

Saves a lot of time...:)

Regards,

PRKAC

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:PRKAC)

This goes a bit off topic...

I started investigating "Content" association between drawing and wtPart. I've understood this type of association can be queried in the database, but how?

For example, this article does not mention type "Content"

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS17200

Top Tags