cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

MPMLink required privilages

TomM
12-Amethyst

MPMLink required privilages

Hi.

I've started research associated with MPMLink implementation in our system but I ran immediately into an issue with privileges. I'd like to make it easier for the administrator to set the correct ones for me, therefore I wish to know which set of privileges allows full and partial access (with description) to MPMLink capabilities. 

I already have the MPMLink module license. 

a) I can create a downstream branch for an already existing Configurable Module part type, but:

- "duplicate with/without propagating" options result only in the configurable module duplication anyway. I have to add subassemblies (WTParts) manually.

b) I can not create a downstream branch for any WTPart, even if it's under a Configurable Module part. Trying to do that results in an error

erroragain.PNG

c) I can not change the structure of WTPart on manufacturing side, resulting with this error:

checkoutfail.PNG

I'm following the video by David Martin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC-Nt2pT_rg&t=1241s

Kind regards,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:TomM)

Hi @TomM 

I can see that WTparts are in a Released state so you do not have rights to modify it. It is ok.

If you need to crate new downstream branch you need to have rights to revise the Released wtpart and also the Released state needs revise transition in Lifecycle definition. 

So first you need access to crate new view for Released objects and I guess also revise. I would recommend to cooperate with Windchill administrator to play with ACLs.

Lifecycle definition

HelesicPetr_0-1664781161275.png

ACL Definition

HelesicPetr_1-1664781556138.png

PetrH

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @TomM 

It is usually connected with ACLs. You need to have privilege to revise , create new view version and modify the WTPart for specific state.

Try to create Manufacturing WTPart in a folder system and check access on it. If you do not access to do so you need to define ACL in Policy Administration.

Additionally: A LifeCycle state also needs to be defined with Revise transition to create a Downstream branch in the transform browser with a duplicate with propagation. 

PetrH

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi,

thanks for your reply! 

When I create a part with a view set to manufacturing I have a full access in its action control.

However when I choose any WTPart i get these privileges:

wut.PNG

Could you elaborate a little further on the LifeCycle state definition, please?

Edit:

Here is a detailed view:

view.PNG

Which access controls should be available to me in order to perform all of the necessary eBOM->mBOM transformations?

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @TomM 

I can see that WTparts are in a Released state so you do not have rights to modify it. It is ok.

If you need to crate new downstream branch you need to have rights to revise the Released wtpart and also the Released state needs revise transition in Lifecycle definition. 

So first you need access to crate new view for Released objects and I guess also revise. I would recommend to cooperate with Windchill administrator to play with ACLs.

Lifecycle definition

HelesicPetr_0-1664781161275.png

ACL Definition

HelesicPetr_1-1664781556138.png

PetrH

TomM
12-Amethyst

Allright, I get it.

Just one more thing. As you can see in my last SS I have a role which has full access granted in its policy. However, in reality I do not have the rights. How come? 

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@TomM 

The point is that you see FullControl(all) but there are other rules with deny.

A Deny rule on same context level (Product) is stronger then Allow rule.

in your case many rules are denied ( character ! means Deny)

HelesicPetr_0-1664783069811.png

Final ACL result is in the Granted description

HelesicPetr_1-1664783121753.png

PetrH

TomM
12-Amethyst

Sure, I thought of something very similar to that.

Thank you for your assistance, I'm fairly confident we'll manage now 🙂

Enjoy your day.

Top Tags