cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Managing PDF Drawings in Windchill

JiffiPop
11-Garnet

Managing PDF Drawings in Windchill

Hi all,

My company recently started using Windchill. Whenever I export a PDF, the PDF created gets its own part number. However, I would like to have the PDF exported as an attachment to the part referenced in the drawing. Alternatively, I would like to have the PDF exported to an attachment to a WTPart.

Is there any way to do this? Please let me know! Thank you in advance for your help!

JiffiPop_0-1675871310100.png

Thank you,
Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:JiffiPop)

You are going to want to read through the article below which explains how to set up server side PDF publishing:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS111916 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

How are you generating your PDF files?

We use Creo and publish the PDFs automatically and they become attached as content to the main Creo file (part/assembly/drawing).

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your quick response. I use the export feature next to save as. Then, I simply export it to my Workspace, and it comes in as a new file. There is no checkbox to have it added to the part referenced in the drawing, or to the drawing file itself.

JiffiPop_0-1675872387380.png

This is the only way I know to export a PDF drawing, but maybe there is another way? Perhaps it's possible our Windchill has different settings for how Windchill should handle newly exported PDFs?

Thank you,

Jeff

Chris3
20-Turquoise

You are going to want to read through the article below which explains how to set up server side PDF publishing:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS111916 

Top Tags