cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Manufacturing view version

MadhusankaR
4-Participant

Manufacturing view version

I am using Windchill PDMLink(connected) Release 11.0 and Datecode with CPS M030

When I create a Manufacturing view from the design view It collects the Design view version as well.
As an example -COIL, coil.prt, K.P00.2 (Manufacturing, Costing, 001)
K comes from the Design view version. Is t possible to remove the Design view version from here?
because we can see it on the predecessor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think they is exactly what single version level conversion does. Design A -> Manufacturing A. It allows for example Manufacturing A to be revised to Manufacturing B. If Design B was triggered for new view version, I "think" it would create Manufacturing C which in my site would drive them batty. If you have a new fresh PDMLink install, it should operate like this by default.  PTC changed things at some version I think. 

Aside, from that, you could write a custom data utility that altered how the version was rendered to the UI. In the case, it would just chop off the first part of the version string when displaying for Manufacturing views. It changes display but does not alter anything in the DB so you might see it creep out in places not covered by the data utility.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I think your post needs clarification. 

I think he want to have only one version on the Manufacturing view, same as the default design view:

MartinStLo_1-1655431221067.png

So in this example I would say see only the Poo.2 instead of K.P00,2.

I think they are referring to converting to Single Level View Version. Those of us on older Windchill installs that have been upgraded have Manufacturing views that look like A.A. This utility converts them back to a single version scheme.  On my long list of to do's.

http://support.ptc.com/help//wnc/r12.0.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/ViewVersionConvertRun.html

Actually, my requirement is that as @MartinStLo  explained. When I transfer the design view to a Manufacturing view using BOM trsnsfer

, Manufacturing view revision is a combination of Design revision and Manufacturing revision. I need to remove the Design revision and keep only the manufacturing revision on the manufacturing view 

I think they is exactly what single version level conversion does. Design A -> Manufacturing A. It allows for example Manufacturing A to be revised to Manufacturing B. If Design B was triggered for new view version, I "think" it would create Manufacturing C which in my site would drive them batty. If you have a new fresh PDMLink install, it should operate like this by default.  PTC changed things at some version I think. 

Aside, from that, you could write a custom data utility that altered how the version was rendered to the UI. In the case, it would just chop off the first part of the version string when displaying for Manufacturing views. It changes display but does not alter anything in the DB so you might see it creep out in places not covered by the data utility.

Top Tags