cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Map configurable module parameter to CAD parameter

SC_10041036
7-Bedrock

Map configurable module parameter to CAD parameter

Hello,

I start working with configurable module & product. I'm trying to understand how I can map configurable module parameter to CAD document.

I created a configurable module with a parameter LENGHT of type length. I would like this parameter is driving the real length of my part. How CAD document can inherit parameter from configurable module?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jlecoz
13-Aquamarine
(To:SC_10041036)

If you want to drive the length of your part from a WTPart parameter set by logic.  How can a single Cad model have a different length depending on the WTPart structure (regardless of Creo assembly features capabilities)?

In your case you will have to use the advanced selection logic. Your BOM is not pre-determined (also called 150 BOM) it may change due to the WTPart creation according to the size.

You can do that at WTPart level but not with CAD doc synchronization which would involve creating a new CAD model (identify CAD model template or existing CAD model to copy).

The user flow I would recommend is as follows:

Generate the product variant using the advanced selection logic

Outcome -> A BOM with the newly created parts with no CAD docs

Update the CAD assembly to create the newly CAD models

Outcome -> CAD assembly

Associate the new CAD models to the new WTParts

Outcome ->All WTParts from the BOM that need to have CAD model have one

Checkin your CAD assembly to get the BOM in synch with visualization

Outcome -> Product variant BOM aligned with your CAD structure

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

try to map the parameter to an global attribute added to part and EPM  

Fede
jlecoz
13-Aquamarine

If you want to drive the length of your part from a WTPart parameter set by logic.  How can a single Cad model have a different length depending on the WTPart structure (regardless of Creo assembly features capabilities)?

In your case you will have to use the advanced selection logic. Your BOM is not pre-determined (also called 150 BOM) it may change due to the WTPart creation according to the size.

You can do that at WTPart level but not with CAD doc synchronization which would involve creating a new CAD model (identify CAD model template or existing CAD model to copy).

The user flow I would recommend is as follows:

Generate the product variant using the advanced selection logic

Outcome -> A BOM with the newly created parts with no CAD docs

Update the CAD assembly to create the newly CAD models

Outcome -> CAD assembly

Associate the new CAD models to the new WTParts

Outcome ->All WTParts from the BOM that need to have CAD model have one

Checkin your CAD assembly to get the BOM in synch with visualization

Outcome -> Product variant BOM aligned with your CAD structure

Top Tags