cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Mapped fields of Word Document Uptodate with Windchill ?

ptc-4543370
1-Newbie

Mapped fields of Word Document Uptodate with Windchill ?

Hello,

I'm using Windchill 10 MO20 with desktop integration and my question is how to keep microsoft office document uptodate with windchill mapped field (version, iteration..) ,after revision with windchill, without open it with word (or excel) + refresh attribute + and check in document ?

For exemple, after 10 iterations on document in Windchill, (A10), if i download the latest version of the document and give to someone, he will see "A0".

Windchill doesn't do an automatic fusion with mapped field in word document when we iterate(or chang version) with te windchill interface ?

Thanks for help.

1 REPLY 1

It's essential to have a mechanism for Windchill to update the fields - this is dependent on the Preference: File Download Mechanism. Need to set and lock at Site level the value:

Use Windchill Desktop Integration functionality to download files.

Result: Native (Word) files cannot be downloaded on any computer without the DTI install - but this ensures that the properies will be correct. It's important to set and lock the preference so that it can't be overriden; else, two users can download the same Iteration and get different results.

Top Tags