cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Maximum how many windchill users can be registered at once by modifying parametric.psf file ?

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone

Maximum how many windchill users can be registered at once by modifying parametric.psf file ?

Hi all,

<default .wf folder is register with userone credentials> (userone successfully logged in)

<modified .psf file with another path registered with usertwo credentials> (usertwo successfully logged in)

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=<path>

ENV=PTC_WLD_ROOT=<path>

ENV=CREO_AGENT_HOME=<path>

<modified .psf file with another path registered with userthree credentials> (message: server already registered with usertwo credentials)

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=<differentpath>

ENV=PTC_WLD_ROOT=<differentpath>

ENV=CREO_AGENT_HOME=<differentpath>

using these user configuration in parametric.psf file I am able to login with two windchill credentials now while server cache being registered at two different locations. But when I specified third location and tried to launch creo parametric 4.0 with new user credentials, it's displaying a message server already registered to 'older user'. Even though I have specified different location why is it taking older cache location? How many users can be maximum registered at once?

Vinay S.
CADOpt Technologies Private Limited
Bengaluru.
5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Vinay_S)

The environment variables for the Creo Agent in Creo Parametric 4.0 are different.

ENV=CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=H:\Creo 4.0\M040\Agent\creoagent.exe
ENV=CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=H:\Creo 4.0\M040\Platform\4\manifests

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS257485

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS255889

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

I think so you did not get my question. Let me explain it clearly. 

I have integrated windchill within creo. When we register server, a folder called .wf will be created in appdata which will hold all my server and current session information. This .wf folder is for a particular user. By modifying parametric.psf file I can specify a directory to store another user information without unregistering the initially registered server. 

That is if initially userone has registered with windchill server , a folder called .wf will be created to store his information. Next when usertwo registers another folder in a specified location will be created automatically and will hold all his information. Now  without unregistering userone I can add usertwo to use the same server using this method. 

Now my question is how many such users can be added by modifying the parametric.psf file. Because when I tried to register userthree, folder specified was not getting created and I was getting a messagebox which specified already this server is registered with xyzuser. Do you want to continue or ignore. 

Vinay S.
Bengaluru.
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Each user on their machine will use the 'same' cache file names, so you do not need to modify the .psf for multiple users. Even if users share a computer, assuming individual OS logins, they will each have their own cache files.

The only time I see your error message is when I use multiple Windchill accounts on the same computer login. This should be a rare instance, but I have it because of my admin versus normal user account.

Vinay_S
15-Moonstone
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,
Yes in general terms when creo is integrated with windchill inside appdata -> roaming -> PTC -> Wildfire a folder called .wf will be created within which all the user current session server data will be residing in different folders. This is the standard cache folder. But,
I am not talking purely about CREO here, my question was about multiple instances of Windchill integrated CREO. One windchill user can only be registered to one instance of CREO in general terms. But there are settings where we can register multiple windchill users on same creo version with single OS login while on standalone and not shared network.

Let me give a clear picture:
I launch creo parametric , select which instance of creo(default or user defined) I will be opening, register server, make it my primer server and work in my workspace. Then I close my creo.
Next time I launch creo parametric, select a different instance, again register server with a different user. which will redirect to this user workspace and I will start working with this even without deleting the cache folder or unregistering any user.
My question was at such scenario, maximum how many windchill users can login on same machine.
Vinay S.
Bengaluru.
TomU
23-Emerald IV

My question was at such scenario, maximum how many windchill users can login on same machine. 

One logged on to the computer at a time - there should be no limit.  Concurrently, no idea.  Depends if the different processes remain completely isolated from each other.  I suspect that they may not...

Top Tags