cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Method server shuts down-Windchill license issue

SA_10284323
4-Participant

Method server shuts down-Windchill license issue

When i have installed windchill initially, I was able to open windchill and work on UI but after  i installed second windchill instance  i am not able start Windchill. Please help to fix this issue

Method server is throwing below error:

SYSTEM HEALTH NOTIFICATIONS WILL NOT BE SENT!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INFO : wt.licenseusage.licensing.LicenseScheduledTask - Current License checker scheduler time: Wed May 31 10:32:20 GMT 2023
INFO : wt.licenseusage.licensing.LicenseScheduledTask - Number of attempts remaining to check for valid license: 72
INFO : wt.licenseusage.licensing.LicenseScheduledTask - If valid license is not acquired, Method server will shut down in 360 minutes.
ERROR : wt.licenseusage.licensing.LicenseScheduledTask - License error : Capability Response is null.

6 REPLIES 6

Is second instance a completely different server? One should not have a bearing on another starting. License errors will allow server to run for 6 hours before shutting down. Is that what you are seeing or is it immediately shutting down? And which instance is having issue, first or second?  I would check license management and make sure that you have both servers listed. License Management screen in server admin should have code that you need to send back to PTC to generate a license pack.

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I have installed both the instance in single system.   I can see http is getting started from 2nd instance http folder and methodserver also running from second instance.

how can i run both the instances ? 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SA_10284323)

Each Windchill instance will need its own license file.

The 6 hour shutdown without a valid license file is documented in the PTC manuals.

Since Windchill is a named user system, you can just create a new license file for each system and they will both have all of your company Windchill licenses. I did have 3 Windchill systems in production but we have shut one down.

SA_10284323
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Thanks for the suggestion..! 🙂

I have both instances in the same  system , but when i run the Http  initially it takes from second instance and same for method server also  

The method server log you posted does not indicate any problems with starting. If there is a problem starting, it is not related to licensing. Look further in your log. It is possible you have cross talk between your two instances.

Thanks for the answer 🙂

there is no other message in the  logs after this error message 

Top Tags