cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Missing Soft Attribute Values on Documents in Product Structure Tab

ptc-2057643
1-Newbie

Missing Soft Attribute Values on Documents in Product Structure Tab

I have configured a custom view for the Product Structure table on the Structure tab of a Manufacturer Part in Windchill 9.1 located inside of a Product. This view includes soft-attributes on the Manufacturer Part and the describing Drawing (soft-type) Documents. The BOM view of parts show the configured soft-attributes on the part objects, but with the describing documents shown, the columns that apply to the only to the Drawings are displaying blank. I can confirm that the documents are the correct type and have values populated for these attributes using the details page.

The question is does the structure view support asymetric attribute requests for multiple object types in the same view (the Structure tree)? We are slowly migrating from 9.1 to 10.x and I thought I may have read that there is increased support for querying a set of attributes that only apply to subsets of the objects, but that could have just been for the API layer. I know that the same custom view will work in 10.2 (I tried it out), but we have a customer that was promised that we would try to resolve the issue before we migrate (ugh).

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Mark,

You could try using a Global attribute. The issue could be a result of the having a non-standard attribute in a table that proccesses multiple objects.

Good Luck,

Jarrett

As far as I can tell, I am already using a global attribute, but to be honest I am not sure. I've been told that earlier versions of Windchill supported adding IBA values arbitrarily to any IBAHolder implimentating class and this is not a practice we use. The way that these atrributes are defined is through the Site -> Utillies -> Type and Attribute Manager and added to types at the same contextual level. Could you please elaborate on how a global attribute is different from other types of attrbiutes (or perhaps point to a doc that would clear this up)?

Top Tags