cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Mount is a Duplicate

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Mount is a Duplicate

I am running Windchill 11.0 m030 and just did a test upgrade to CPS06. The area I am testing is the change to File Administration from Java to HTML. I like the new look.

However, I am having an issue of Validating a new file vault to Windchill. I created the disk folder years ago and verified that it is still there. I went into the File Administrator and selected New Folder, enter a unique name, and select the proper vault. Then I went to Object, Mount and pasted in the proper disk location. Next I went to Mounts and selected Validate. The system throws an error and in the Mount Status column, it lists Duplicate. It is not a duplicate, I verified that I have not used that same mount on any other folders.

Is this a bug in CPS06 or a bug in general to the HTML interface. I never had issues with adding, mounting and verifying a folder under the JAVA interface.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Found my own answer after some digging.

See the CS article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS188159

There is a section on duplicate mounts.

"This can also occur if the vault directories have been copied from one Windchill installation to a second"

My file folders had been copied from my original server to the test server but because they were not mounted, the rehost utility ignored them.Deleted the Mount_Validation file in those folders which pointed to the master serevr and then the folders mounted and validated fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Found my own answer after some digging.

See the CS article: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS188159

There is a section on duplicate mounts.

"This can also occur if the vault directories have been copied from one Windchill installation to a second"

My file folders had been copied from my original server to the test server but because they were not mounted, the rehost utility ignored them.Deleted the Mount_Validation file in those folders which pointed to the master serevr and then the folders mounted and validated fine.

Top Tags