cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Mouse clicking on scroll bar arrows - up/down does not move row data in tables

marcstewart63
1-Newbie

Mouse clicking on scroll bar arrows - up/down does not move row data in tables

Hello All,

We recently upgraded from Intralink 3.4 to PDMLink 9.1 and now have a number of users whose mouse settings appear to act differently than others in the new system. The users are all running the same hardware and have the same version of mouse drivers installed. When they select upon the up or down scroll bar arrows (see picture below), nothing happens in the table display. They are forced to drag the scroll bar up/down to see the row data in their tables actually move. This is creating frustration for the users and I don't have a fix at hand. Have any of you seen this behavior before or know how to resolve this issue?

[cid:image001.png@01CB024A.85CB4DC0]

Because We Care

[cid:image002.gif@01CB024A.85CB4DC0]
Marc Stewart
Senior Design Engineer
Midmark Corporation
60 Vista Drive (Plant A)
Versailles, OH 45380
2 REPLIES 2

It is most likely browser related, are they on the same version? very unlikely to be mouse or hardware related. These tables are JCA tables and heavily use javascript, so that the scrolling is actually dynamically updating the data in the windows using Javascript methods. So look carefully at the bottom of the browser window, is anything being shown as a warning? Try another browser e.g. firefox, does that work? What are the javascript setting on the browsers, are there any differences? You might notice that some non-JCA windows will work e.g the Product Structure on a part

Hi Marc, I have seen this kind of thing before. You should not have this issue. The good news is that it has something to do with your client machines, engage your IT department. Here are a list of things I would try first

1- See if the same behavior occurs in a different web browser (Mozilla or chrome)

a. Use a supported web browser version

b. If using WF5 you can use Mozilla embedded into it.

2- Check your java version, update if neccessary. I would update to 1.6_18

a. If java updates don't work, at times I'll do a complete uninstall of Java (remove directories), reboot, install new java, reboot and see what happens. Also clear out your browser temporary files and java temporary files.

b. I've seen some clients where Java just didn't get installed right so doing this can be helpful (even though it's a pain)...welcome to windows.

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

[cid:image003.gif@01CB0235.7A4D2730]
Top Tags