cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Move the username

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Move the username

Is there any way to move the location of where the username displays in the banner?  We recently upgraded from 10.1 to 11.0.  The company logo I use is too wide in the new version.

wc_logo.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @STEVEG,

To do this follow below steps:

• modify "C:\ptc\Windchill_11.0\Windchill\codebase\netmarkets\javascript\util\jsfrags\navigation\navigation.jsfrag" file and locate below line:

<table><tr><td><div id="logoNav" class="' + PTC.navigation.HEADER_CLASS + '"></div></td><td><span id="globalUser"></span></td></tr></table>

• Add couple of &nbsp (HTML spaces) before globalUser element as shown below.

<table><tr><td><div id="logoNav" class="' + PTC.navigation.HEADER_CLASS + '"></div></td><td>&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp<span id="globalUser"></span></td></tr></table>

• Save these changes
  • Run below command from Windchill Shell:

ant -f bin\jsfrag_combine.xml
  • Make sure command run successfully
  • Stop Windchill Method Server
  • Clear Tomcat & Info*Engine cache
  • Restart Windchill Method Server

It will looks like below:

username.jpg

Note:

• If need be, you may also have to clear browser cache too. 
  • These are the instructions for your reference purpose only. Make sure you follow Customization best practices to avoid any maintenance/update/patch installation override.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Shirish

Thank you for that.  I have been so incredible busy since our upgrade because of problems with it, or end or year tasks that I haven't been able visit this community.  Things are starting so slow down now.  I didn't want to mark this as accepted yet until we can try it to verify it works.

Top Tags