cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Moved objects still show old context in iteration history

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Moved objects still show old context in iteration history

I was doing some cleanup and moving objects from a product area to a library. I noticed that the older iterations still show in the iteration history as being part of the original context. Is this normal? any reason for concern? I would assume that a moved would move the object and its history to the new context.  I did choose to move All versions which was the default.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:avillanueva)

Well, that fixed it. I moved it to a third context it all updated. Perhaps the move command does not change context if I was just moving folders. when I moved to a new context, all previous iterations were fixed. I think I can clean this up. @Fadel, I am going to chalk this up to a very old installation of Windchill. We started life on PDMLink 7 so this could have been an issue from back then. I can use your QML to find them and clean them up.

avillanueva_0-1700490188268.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Does Windu task DetectMasterWithDifferentContextDT reports any potential error ?

what option has been chosen when moving objects 

Fadel_0-1700233735257.png

Fede
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Fadel)

Versions were moved and I did have All version checked. I ran DetectMasterWithDifferentContextDT and it return 0 issues. Here is what I see:

avillanueva_0-1700243055467.png

Its not the versions, its the iterations that show with the old context. Is this normal?  I can purge them but I would have expected in a Move, that all iterations would be updated.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Would share the result of below QMl run with the give EPM number 

Fede
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Fadel)

avillanueva_0-1700489649354.png

Domain reference is the same but not Context. Same cad file as image above.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

@avillanueva , you should open a call @ Technical Support , we need R&D involved  , this a data corruption ,something went wrong during the move 

Fede

Hi @avillanueva 

The answer is no. It is not normal. 

I test it from detail page of CAD Document and also WTPart separately. 

Windchill 12.0.2.7

I would say that you could accidently move just one iteration but as you said, you checked the All option >D.

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:HelesicPetr)

I just moved that item again to a different folder. Same options, all version. Remember, there is not an option for all iterations but we assume they go along for the ride. Look at the breadcrumbs. If I select on those folder links, the do in fact go to the General Parts Library. Very odd. Wonder if I have to move to a new context then back to clean it up?

avillanueva_1-1700489895627.png

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Well, that fixed it. I moved it to a third context it all updated. Perhaps the move command does not change context if I was just moving folders. when I moved to a new context, all previous iterations were fixed. I think I can clean this up. @Fadel, I am going to chalk this up to a very old installation of Windchill. We started life on PDMLink 7 so this could have been an issue from back then. I can use your QML to find them and clean them up.

avillanueva_0-1700490188268.png

Hi @avillanueva 

Good point this can be the case,

if you move the folder from a context  to an another then it just changes the folder context and the latest objects context.

PetrH 

@avillanueva 

As I mentioned, it is not normal. If the version is moved, all iterations are moved to the destination normally.

I checked it again and try to move object several times with option All and the context is updated correctly.

HelesicPetr_0-1700490619175.png

HelesicPetr_1-1700491024870.png

PetrH

Sounds weird to me.. like it didn't actually move all the versions.

If you open the info page for one of the old versions, what context does it show in the bread crumbs?

Top Tags