cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Moving Oracle to a new server

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Moving Oracle to a new server

I have done this before, but it was years ago and I want to get some assurance that my process thought is correct.

We are experiencing boot issues on the Oracle server for Windchill. Oracle itself is located on the e: drive, so the boot issues of the C: drive should not effect Oracle, other than the server not starting.

I have a different server that is running Windows Server2012r1 instead of the current Server 2008r2. I do not think that will make a difference. If I install Oracle on the new server, run the windchill configuration setup, drop user, create user, then import an Oracle database export and run xconfmanager to change the db server name, everything should come back up. No Rehost utility needed for this type of change since WIndchill itself is staying on its original machine.

The 2 settings in db.properties to change would be:

wt.pom.jdbc.host

wt.pom.servicename

If I have an empty database install from the Windchill setup, do I need to drop user/create user before importing the database export file?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags