cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Moving Product area to another instance with history

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Moving Product area to another instance with history

In the past, I was successful at using the Import/Export manager to take a library from one instances to another. It moved the latest iteration to the other system very well. There were limitations.  I could potentially see the movement of a Product area from one instance to another.  This product area includes change objects with workflows and discussion.  In addition, there is multiple versions, views, branchpoints and history that is there.  It can get very complex, very fast. Let's assume that library data and documents are in sync that are outside of this Product context and exist in both systems.  Can this be done?

My goal is to shift some Products to this new environment without having to lose all the historical records behind it.  Everytime I've seen projects like this done, they always seems to take latest or line in sand and throw away the history.  What's even worse, I might have to shift them back again in the future (merge).  I think the option would have to be a custom loader or some Database level move.  Scary stuff.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags