cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Moving a context to another shared team

HugoHermans
9-Granite

Moving a context to another shared team

Hey,

I succeeded to move a Product from the PDM domain to the domain of a Shared Team. But when I now try to move this Product to another shared team (I'm playing on a test server), I get the message: "ERROR: Xxxxx is already associated to the shared team Yyyyy."

Reason is that our Windchill Products and Libraries were setup in Windchill 8, we are now on 9.1 and we are preparing to upgrade to 10.1. I hesitate to move old Products and Libraries to shared teams, since once in a shared team, they are stuck. Since I can't prevent my CEO to do acquisitions that jeopardize my shared team conventions, it's tricky for me to implement shared teams.

Unless of course someone is aware of actual or future tools to get this move done.

TIA and Regards, Hugo.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Hugo,

I'm looking at the use of the shared teams.

Can you tell me why you changed the PDM domain to the domain of a Shared Team? I did the same thing but it give no disired result.

I'm trying to find a way to change the context team to a shared team. (We have legacy data that needs to be changed) I know that the manual said it is not possible, but my guess is that you're in a similar situation. Hence my question.

Thx and regards

Gert Van Dingenen

Top Tags