cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Moving from hardcopy signoffs / approvals to electronic signoffs / approvals

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Moving from hardcopy signoffs / approvals to electronic signoffs / approvals

I didn't search too hard, but this has to have been discussed many times (if you know of a post, let me know)

Our old hardcopy approval process is a 'walk around and get theses signatures' process: Checked By, Approved By, Issued By. We then go back and update the Creo drawing title block with those signatures. I imagine this is common for paper based processes.
Going to electronic approvals, I do not see an OOTB way to modify the approved objects (e.g. the DRW) attributes to collect those signatures, and
So is it common practice to just say, 'OK the title block will not have the signatures, go see Windchill to find out who approved it when?'
How do you do it?

Vaughn McDaniel III | CAD/PLM Administrator | Kärcher NA - Englewood |m:720.216.3495 o:303.762.1800x187 |
1 REPLY 1

The drawing has this link to the Change Notice.
[cid:image003.jpg@01CC8507.3BB25530]

The Change Notice / Change Request includes all approvals and other user actions, each with a timestamp. Each workflow activity can be configured to require user password entry or not.

Two years ago, we had the same; today we have virtually no paper. Each day users complete between 500 and 600 Windchill assignments - appr. ½ of these are electronic approvals.
Top Tags