Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving the vaults to a new drive

Re: Moving the vaults to a new drive

I'm not sure if best practice is to suspend the queues or to let them complete.

I would copy the folder. Try to use a tool that keeps the same timestamps on the files, though I'm not sure if that matters here.

Matt

Should I shut down the server before copying the folders?

I mean I should not be copying on a working day so to speak?/?

thanks

Harshal said you had the right plan, so I would go with that. I do think shutting WC down is the right idea.

Do you have a test box? Try the "Update vaults to use new drives, shut down WC, and move the content manually" approach first.

If that fails, this *may* work:

Leave the old vaults (temporarily)

Create new vaults, mapped to new drive

Change your vaulting rules to use new vaults

Revault everything. (This should move the content to the new vault?)

That way, you could leave WC running.

This probably sounds like common sense, but after your move, open some content holders that you know to be vaulted and make sure you can download the attachments and that they are valid.

Select on the folder say Folder_OLD.In the Menu u'l find Object -> Update -> Enable the Read Only check box.

(OR)

You can double click on the Folder_OLD and you will be finding a Read Only Check box.

The best practise I would suggest is to have WC down during the operation.I have done it @ times i.e WC is down and When WC is up and ruinning but with no jobs for publishing.

Sriram

Try looking at PTC Document CS57124 - How to expand a vault onto a new physical drive in Windchill.

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!