cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Multi-level components report doesn't show correct consolidated quantities

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

Multi-level components report doesn't show correct consolidated quantities

We use the Multi-level Components Report a lot for getting consolidated quantities in a single sheet. And then today, I ran into a case where it's telling me I have no quantities of a part on a BOM when I'm in fact looking at the part on that BOM. 

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious? 

Dobi_0-1677090151453.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dobi)

I'll add a clarification here that I think answers my own question:

Since the part I'm looking for is a top-level assembly (0007-90708-502 above), it's excluded from the consolidated components list. Therefore when I'm looking to count it (as an Inseparable Assembly) to compare to what we have in inventory, the Multi-Level Component List will not give me what I want. 

Instead, I have to export out the full structure as a multi-level BOM and then in Excel find and consolidate the quantities myself. 

With that in mind, is there a recommendation on how to get counts of "assemblies" that are kind of like end products? Is changing the part type the right thing to do? 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dobi)

I'll add a clarification here that I think answers my own question:

Since the part I'm looking for is a top-level assembly (0007-90708-502 above), it's excluded from the consolidated components list. Therefore when I'm looking to count it (as an Inseparable Assembly) to compare to what we have in inventory, the Multi-Level Component List will not give me what I want. 

Instead, I have to export out the full structure as a multi-level BOM and then in Excel find and consolidate the quantities myself. 

With that in mind, is there a recommendation on how to get counts of "assemblies" that are kind of like end products? Is changing the part type the right thing to do? 

Top Tags