cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Multi-project management with Windchill ProjectLink

Avalo
12-Amethyst

Multi-project management with Windchill ProjectLink

Hello everyone,

at the moment we search for a solution for our interrnal project management.

A important requirment is the option to manage ressources over all projects so the so the project manager can see the availability of an employee.

My research show me that is not a OOTB functionality of projectlink?

I there any way to to something like that?

1 REPLY 1
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:Avalo)

Hi

You are putting your finger where it hurts.

In my experience ProjectLink is not suited, (unfortunately, it has been over 12 years since I asked and hoped PTC will turn ProjectLink into a true Project Management System as managing project is part of PLM (not PLM as the IT software but as the activities that allow you to manage the full life of products) but til now it is still lacking many functionalities and this is one of them.

I have implemented 3DX and I was fortunate to have been able to include Project Management and in that domain Dassault have done a far much better job than PTC, I must say. I have been able to transform an entire PPM division into using Enovia for all their project/programme activities including PMO. Something that would have been impossible with ProjectLink.

My answer to your two questions

1) No

2) Yes but not with PTC technology. sadly.

Top Tags