cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Multilevel report.

dgrobe
6-Contributor

Multilevel report.

For some reason, when i pull a multilevel report from windchill, my report comes out incorrect when i export it.  now, understand.  its not incorrect with its quantities, but, it is.  here is what i mean. 

my 2nd level assemblies, are correct.  but under those 2nd level assemblies, it has the incorrect qty of parts listed.  meaning.. i need (2) of the 2nd level assembly.  all the 3rd level parts are doubled in qty.

here is the example of what i am talking about.  my top level is 9700-1729-05, under that, i have (2) 9700-1479-01 bottle assemblies.  but, it shows a qty of (2) of the bottle, label and kit.  why does it do that?  is there a way for it to not report it out like that.  see the lower attached image of the actual report from that part.  it shouldnt double the parts under the assembly.

9700-1729-05.png

here is the 9700-1479-01 bottle assembly Multilevel report.  notice, there is qty of (1) of each item, the bottle, the label, and the kit.

9700-1479-01.png

Is there some different way to structure the report so it shows it correctly?

10 REPLIES 10
dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:dgrobe)

notice how the structure is shown here, why does it not come out like this, in Multilevel report.  if the multilevel was like this, this would be great.

9700-1729-05wanted.png

What about Multi-Level Components Report - does it show correct quantity? I am looking at a cognos report and quantity appears to be correct

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:BineshKumar1)

we dont use cognos.. the screen shots i show up above is what i am talking about.. when i do a multilevel on the top level assembly.. it calculates the parts qty, based off of their particular assembly qty's needed.  instead of the actual qty of parts in the particular assembly.

satre-2
1-Newbie

I am not sure if I understood  your requirement completely. See attached screenshot . are you looking for something similar ?MBOM.jpg

Thanks

Shreyas

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:satre-2)

so, looking at your BOM report, there is a different column with orig quantity. thats what i am looking for.  the totals, i am not.  i want it listed out with original quantity, so one BOM report on the top level, will let me create BOM for the 2nd and 3rd level assys without having to pull multiple reports for each and every seperate assy.  so yes, what your report shows, is what i am looking for.  with Original Quantity column

satre-2
1-Newbie

This is not OOTB Report  I have created this report for one requirement.so you may not find  Original Quantity in your OOTB Report

dgrobe
6-Contributor
(To:satre-2)

i do not have that option in my columns.  is there some way i can create this without having to pull individual reports for each assembly.

satre-2
1-Newbie

OTOB it;s not possible. You need to write some customization to generate this report. Let me know if you need details

However, to avoid customization to can export OOTB report in MS excel and use micro to perform Quantity calculation.

Hi Shreyas,

I'm currently having the same problem and would be interested in getting the original quantity column you have in your report. Would you be able to share with me how you managed to add this column?

Cheers, Hannah

DavidBrand
14-Alexandrite
(To:hkenyon)

Did anything come of this thread. I am looking at similar problem, but using Bulk Items.

I have a simple BoM that contains regular Creo parts and a Bulk Item used two times. Using a Single-Level Consolidation BOM report the quantity of the Bulk Items are summarised (see images below).

Annotation 2019-05-30 165704.jpgAnnotation 2019-05-30 165605.jpg

This works ok, but if I have two of these simple assemblies called in the next level up the Single-Level Consolidated BOM would only show two of the simple assemblies. I would have to use a Multi-Level Components List, but this doesn't give the summarised quantities (indented BOM). I need a Multi-Level Consolidated BOM.

Top Tags