cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Multipl mBOM for a eBOM

sp-2
1-Newbie

Multipl mBOM for a eBOM

Hi All,

What is the best approach if we need to create multiple mBOM's for an eBOM?

The customer is having an eBOM of a Product and whenever a new project/order is received, they make mBOM by making a copy of the eBOM. The parts in the mBOM is prefixed with the Project number.

If they receive another order, then again they make a mBOM and prefix the parts with new project number.

|------mBOM

eBOM ------|------mBOM

|------mBOM

|------mBOM

Please suggest how can I handle this in MPMLink.

Thanks

Sitanshu

2 REPLIES 2
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:sp-2)

Vanakkam

I am not sure I understand why each project needs a different mBOM from the same eBOM.

mBOM should be different if the manufacturing processis different. (eg manual assembly line vs fully automated assembly line).

You can copy mBOM to create new ones but as far as the numbering scheme is concerned, this seems to be an old practice to manually add a prefix ?

The mBOM could be directly created in the Project context it belongs too ?

Also it would appears they could potentially create a lot of duplication.

associated to the mBOM you have the process plan or routing and your cost too. At least they know how to use Save As so that saves a bit of time.

Or are they trying to configure a product that way ?

the eBOM contain all the configuration and variants, and they use the mBOM to create the configuration the customer is using ?

In that case, things would be easier if Variant & Configuration was used.

what do you think ?

sp-2
1-Newbie
(To:sp-2)

Thanks for replying. The customer's product is ETO. Each product is very specific to the order with some additional changes. The released mBOM's are then sent to ERP and that's how the current practice is.
Let me check how we can use Variants in our case.
Top Tags