cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Multiple Organizations for a Single User

Selva
1-Newbie

Multiple Organizations for a Single User

hi all,

I have a user User1 created under organization Org1 from Site--->Utilities---->Principal Administrator.

I want this user User1 to access the products available under the other organizations also say for example Org2, Org3 and Org4.

I found a solution , but I am not sure whether it will satisfy my requirement.

My solution is :

I created a group Group1 under the Site--->Utilities---->Principal Administrator.Then I added the Org1,Org2, Org3 and Org4 under this group.

Then I logged in as the corresponding user in Org1 and Org2 and so on. Under the Team tab of the product I added the group to the Role. Now All the users of the different Orgs are able to access product from different organizations.

Is this right way to do it?

or Is there any other sophisticated method to do this?

Have anyone has any idea?

Thanks

Selva

2 REPLIES 2
ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:Selva)

What you effectively have done is grant at least read and download access (if not more depending on the role) to every user who has one of those organizations assigned to them via the principal administrator.

I do something similiar for a special role I added that only allows certain soft types metadata to be read by them. More restricted then GUEST.

It sounds like you only want to do this one user? Omit their Org and just add them directly to the group being added to the role.

I do find it better to avoid all out of the box roles and create my own.

David

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry
Selva
1-Newbie
(To:Selva)

Hi Dave,

Not for only one user. I just gave an example for a single user. But it actually will be applied for all the user in all organization.

Simply, all users from all organizations should have access to all organization.

thanks

Top Tags