cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Multiple (dedicated) CAD Worker Publishing Queues for parallel publishing of Multiple CAD formats

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

Multiple (dedicated) CAD Worker Publishing Queues for parallel publishing of Multiple CAD formats

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience that they might like to share on setting up a multiple CAD worker Queues/Workers - one for each different type of CAD format that is stored in Windchill so that the different formats can be published by the workers in parallel rather than the OOTB sequential manner - thus massively improving publishing performance? I believe PTC might refer to this as dedicated publishing Queues...

Our Windchill 9.1 System hosts Pro/E, UG, CATIA v5 & Solidworks CAD data and we are having major problems with the publishing system not being able to keep up with the amount of data that needs to be published and hence viewables can not be relied on to be present for EPMDocs when you need them. The OOTB sequential Publishing Queuing sytem (even after setting up multiple queues) still does not perform quickly enough to keep up with the data that needs publishing in our Windchill System.

We would hence like to be able to "parallelise" our Windchill publishing system so that at any one time the CAD worker for each CAD type can be publishing a part at the same time - thus massively speeding up publishing. I believe that PTC call this dedicated publishing queues.

I have followed the Business Admin guide and instructions on the PTC Support site for setting up dedicated queues and can get a CAD model from each type of CAD system to run through the dedicated Queue for that type of CAD model and publish via the correct worker my manipulating the property publish.publishqueue.sets.0.0 manually, but when I come to automate the routing of the CAD model to the particular queue and worker using a filter that I have written based on PTC's guidelines, I have run into problems.

Has anyone got this "parallel" type of publishing working on their System - is it even possible?

If so, does anyone have a Java code for a publishing filter that they might like to share?

Any advice gladly received

Best Regards

Gary

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags