cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Multiple logins

berny2U
12-Amethyst

Multiple logins

We have the case where a teamleader logs on to Windchill in one engineering pc and then goes to the workshop and logs on (using the same account) another time on a production pc. As we are making the move to Windchill 11.2 I wonder if this is still possible ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The login functionality for a user, in this regard, remains the same in 11.2 as it always has in recent 11.x versions. 

A user can login from multiple machines, at the same time. 

If your user licenses remain the same as they did before, that user will have access to the same product functionality, no matter which machine they log-in from.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I don't see why it would be a problem. Windchill licensing is tied to the user, not the computer. 

The login functionality for a user, in this regard, remains the same in 11.2 as it always has in recent 11.x versions. 

A user can login from multiple machines, at the same time. 

If your user licenses remain the same as they did before, that user will have access to the same product functionality, no matter which machine they log-in from.

Can I have any document regarding how many users can be created per PDM Essential license ?

Thank you

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Manikandan)

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/169092/en/WCPDMEssentials.pdf#page=17

page 11:

TomU_1-1602592543035.png

page 14:

TomU_0-1602592495420.png

I can't find anything that says if user licenses are included or if they have to be purchased separately.  I thought one of the benefits of PDM Essentials was that the licensing was already included, but nothing I'm currently finding seems to confirm that...

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Manikandan)

Manikandan
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

Thank you for your efforts ! I got the answer. 

Top Tags