cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

My Workspace issue is fixed.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

My Workspace issue is fixed.

I have to say, the PTC support guy was able to fix my latest and worst problem pretty quickly: The inability to view any of my Workspaces, either in WF4 or Creo. He did a GoTo Meeting and what it turned out was not that my workspaces were corrupt (thankfully!), but that since this problem was happening in both Pro/E versions and I had separate local cache's set up for them but my custom "View" was shared, somehow the view itself was corrupt. WTH???? What kind of bug was that? Anyways, if you ever get to where you just get a blank screen in any particular mode, be it workspace, Cabinets, Edit Attibutes, etc. and you have a custom view set up, try going to one of the default W/C views. I had to delete the view itself, and recreate it, and now all's fine.

The PTC guy said it was a rare and bizzare problem, but that he'd run across someone else who had the exact same problem recently, and that was what their problem was too.

Though I'm happy the guy was able to fix it quickly, props to him, I'm still pretty upset at all the lost man-hours since it happened. I hope they can fix this next version.

Beware..............

4 REPLIES 4

Congratulations!

Now if we can work on improving your performance maybe you will grow to fall hopelessly in love with Windchill.

Even if that doesn't happen, I'm sure we can get you to the point that you're not doing Mortal Kombat with the system each day!

Take care...

-Brian

I'd love it.....if it performed better, faster, easer, and more reliably than Intralink. Oh, and at less cost and less IT/WC admin time too!

In other words, I want it to perform like my '01 suzuki GSXR1000 that I bought new and put over 58k hard miles on.

Yeah, I know, a pipe dream.....

That's my dream, too, Frank.

Glad your workspaces are visible now. I had not heard about the shared views issue before. Learn something new every day.

-Celia

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:CeliaLee)

I hope this can help someone else, it was pretty bizzare, and a TOTAL show-stopper, but was, thankfully, easy to fix with no loss of data (unlike soime of the issues I've had).

Yep, I try to......and pass it on.

Top Tags