cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

NX WGM error

Radamis_G
3-Visitor

NX WGM error

getting "fil in use by another process" when trying to save or import NX file to workspace using WGM12.1 and NX 1973  any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Turns out in this case the problem had nothing to do with any of the suggestions. It seems like this "file in use by another process" message is generic and could be an indication of many different problems. For us, there was a filename conflict between existing, commonspace content and content imported into a workspace. The number was the same, but the filename was different resulting in this error message on checkin.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Have you already read at this article?

[Knowledge Hub] Windchill Workgroup Manager - Siemens NX

There is also a "troubleshooting" section.

Marco

Marco, 

thank you so much for the article, unfortunately it doesn't address the issue or the error type I am getting. but defiantly it is addressing other important issues that we see randomly, I bookmarked the link.

again, 

thank you so much for the article.

Regards,

Radamis 

Given the specificity of your question, I recommend that you open a call to PTC technical support.

Marco

Will certainly do this, I will post if any progress is made.

Radamis

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:Radamis_G)

We are on NX2007 and WGM12.1.1.0. 

I get this error in the specific case of what appear to be unsupported Wave link types. If a user goes to open a model that has a part family, the "file in use by another process" comes up on all instances of the family EXCEPT the ones used in the model. 

Managing NX references  covers what's supported and what isn't and for us it turns out we have a good bit of Wave links created routing objects geometry. Something with how those references are (or aren't) being processed in Windchill throws the error. 

How are you saving or importing NX files to workspace? 

You ought to be using "Tools/Import to Workspace" from WGM. Or "save to workspace" from the PTC Windchill toolbar (but this will only work for piece parts and not the associated reference models). 

Is your cache separated out? CS44499 

Seeing the same thing. Did you find a solution?

Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:dmcalister-2)

Is your file a part family part? 

dmcalister-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dobi)

I'm told it isn't. I'm working with someone else on this so I don't have all the info.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

Do you have clear cache separation (CS44499)?

dmcalister-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:Dobi)

Yes, the variables are all set to different folders.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

What about anti-virus exclusions per CS50545 ? That's the only other thing I can think of that we did (aside from the part family Wave links to routing object geometry) that made this go away. 

Also... if you're running Creo, are you making sure that your Creo local cache (and files) are in different cache spaces than NX? It would show up differently though.

Dobi_0-1709219777954.png

Dobi_1-1709219974119.png

Turns out in this case the problem had nothing to do with any of the suggestions. It seems like this "file in use by another process" message is generic and could be an indication of many different problems. For us, there was a filename conflict between existing, commonspace content and content imported into a workspace. The number was the same, but the filename was different resulting in this error message on checkin.

Top Tags