cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Need guidance restoring Intralink 9.0 from backup

MARKGALL
1-Newbie

Need guidance restoring Intralink 9.0 from backup

Hello data management guru's,

We are running Intralink 9.0 m040 and according to PTC tech support and the errors we are getting ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # 5, block # 103575) ORA-01110: data file 5:'E:\PTC\WINDCHILLAPP\OCU\ORADATA\WINDPDM\WINDPDMINDEX01.DBF' we have a corrupt Oracle database and need to do a restore from backup. We can't access any files, can't check-in, check-out, add to workspace or upload. I think this happened beacuse the oracle server was experiencing a disc controller faliure and was randomly crashing. We now have it repaired and believe it to be stable. The server is only 6 months old by the way.

We are running on windows 64bit Os. We have Oracle on 1 server and all the other components on another server. We also have a replica on a 3rd server800 miles away. This is an OOTB installation migrated from 3.4 witha replica site.

My question is can someone tell me exactly step by step what components need to be restored from backup and in what order or point me to a document with specfic step by step instructions. PTC tech support is not being much help and after first contact with them on 4/9 they still haven't told me exactly what I need to do other than pointing me to the general backup recommendations in the books. I have full backups of all 3 servers from 4/3 and I also have the database dump file and Aphelion ldif backup.

If I understand the process correctly first I need to lock the users out of the system, how?

Then I need to import the Aphelion ldif file from the backup. I found the procedure for this. Do I also need to do this on the replica?

Then restore the file vaults from backup over the existing vaults. Do I also do this on the replica?

Then restore Intralink folders/files from backup. Which ones? Do I need to do the replica too?

Import the dumpfile into Oracle. What is the process for this? I think I know but I want to make sure.

Is Intralink, Oracle and all the other components to be running during all this or not?

Then unlock the system, how?

I thank you in advance for any help you can give me. Feel free to call me if you wish.

Mark Gall

Engineering - CAEA Administrator / Senior Designer

<u>mark.gall@quincycompressor.com</u>

Quincy Compressor

3501 Wismann Lane

Quincy, Ill 62305-3116

<u>www.QuincyCompressor.com</u>

Office: 217.277.0215

Fax:217.222.5109

Get your "wings" at the Quincy Air Academy!

<u>www.quincycompressortraining.com</u>

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags