cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Need some help modifying a customized Approval Process (Promotion Request).

jburress
5-Regular Member

Need some help modifying a customized Approval Process (Promotion Request).

Windchill 10.1 M040.

We have used a customized two level approval process/promotion request for years.  It works great.  Now the Engineering dept structure has changed.  I need to add a third level approval.  So I copied the two-level and modified to add the third level.  So far so good.  everything seems to work.  HOWEVER, I can't figure out how to change the text that shows up in the email notification that goes to the third level approver!

ThreeLevelPromotionRequest.JPG

Any workflow gurus out there willing to give me some direction?

Properties.JPG

Where would I find the item highlighted in properties of the Level 3 approval above?  I've read through the workflow notifications customization but it doesn't seem to apply...

Many thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Joanna,

The notation {level_2_approve_instructions_2} means the the displayed text comes from a variable named level_2_approve_instructions_2

This variable is defined in activity ( Variables tab).

Now the question is, where is it defined 🙂

Take a look in the startup transition, in the Transitions tab. It may be there !

jburress
5-Regular Member
(To:olivierfresse)

Thank you for the reply!

There is nothing in the Transitions tab under any of the Transitions.

Below are the variables…

approval_request-lvl3.jpg

So I should be able to ‘Create’ a new variable
{level_3_approve_instructions_3} using the level_2 variable as a guide?  Where does it write to and are there
additional steps required to make it work?

I can create a new variable, but, according to sample above, all
other variables are Initialized From themselves and Copied Into themselves.  This is not possible on this screen:

create_variable.jpg

I must be missing something.

Thanks again for any help you can lend.  J

For the variables, they are copied from the global processus level.

Take a look in the workflow properties link, you'll find this dialog, with another variables tab :

Sélection_002.png

So you have to define your new variable here first, then it can be copied at the activity level.

Last but not least, you have to find where these variable are initialised !

It can be done in the transitions at the workflow level, so check in the "Transtions" tab of the same dialog .

If it's not there, it's in one of the activities transition, in the process.

jburress
5-Regular Member
(To:olivierfresse)

Thank you!  I have the third level approval working now thanks to your help.

Top Tags