cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Need to pick up a table view, export it, and IMPORT IT into a different table's view area. How?

SavageFrog
6-Contributor

Need to pick up a table view, export it, and IMPORT IT into a different table's view area. How?

In every table view, there's a Customize and you can export a Table View you make 'cause there's an EXPORT button.  Where the heck is the IMPORT button?  I've got a specific table view that I want to apply to other tables within my Change Order pages, but I'm having to recreate the things manually because I can't find the IMPORT button!  I followed a link to a video to IMPORT table views but they're talking about importing the thing right back into the area I'd exported it from.  Seems a li'l silly to me as that's where it came from...   (and o'course, it fails as it already exists...)   Is there a place in the IMPORT/Export site area where I can choose the new destination area?

oh, and I'm simply a business Windchill admin.  I don't have access to the Windchill server itself so I can't open a shell command window and start typing away.  Pleeeeease tell me this can be done somewhere within the Site utilities or something . . . .

Windchill 11.0  M030

t'anks folks!

2 REPLIES 2

You can import it from Import/Export Management from Site > Utilities. Refer to below article on PTC website:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS174468

uh yeah, guess I wasn't clear.  Those links have to do with putting a table-view back into the same exact area, perhaps in a new copy of your system.  What I'm trying to do is pick up the customized table-view outta the Affected-Objects area of a Change Task, and stick it in the Resultant-Objects area of a Change Task.  Or pluck it out of a Workspace table and apply it to a Folder table out in the server somewhere.  That kinda thing.  It's such a pain having to recreate very similar table views ALL OVER THE WINDCHILL MAP!  Every blinkin' table is different and yet I want to see the same info in them and there's no way to copy the setup hither and yon.  The 'Related Items' on Assignment Tasks should show them what they see in the Affected/Resultant Objects tables.  That info should show in a basic Search Table as well.  It's ridiculous having to recreate all this.

I could've sworn we were able to do this back in WC 10, but I can't figure out how to do it now.

Top Tags