cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

New Global Enumeration are displaying in Removed list when used in a value list on a CR

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

New Global Enumeration are displaying in Removed list when used in a value list on a CR

I have a ticket open with support but my guess is that the community may have an answer first (again).

New available entries in enumeration table are displayed correctly in the enumeration but are displayed in the Remove table when viewed from the Managed Type attribute that uses that Global Enumeration value list.

We are on Version 11, M020.

The global reusable enumeration is at site. Its a list of project numbers ( 1234 - Name of project). This table has a list of selectable values on the left and a list of removed on the right. The left can be selected, both can be searched if those on the right have been used on a CR, Document etc. You know how it is suppose to work 🙂

What is happening is I can move the items from the left column (selectable) to the right (not selectable) and the table when used displays these changes. All good.

But, any new value added to the left is displayed in that Managed Attribute table (save, done) but then it does not displayed when used (it is not in the table on the CR, Doc to be selected). I discovered that when I select the edit icon (pencil) on the constraints tab of the Attribute (project number), the new item I had just added on the left is shown on the right! What?

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 7.37.25 AM.png

So here on the edit within the attribute used on the CR, you can see 1036 is on the "removed from selection" side.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 7.42.12 AM.png

But in the managed attribute itself, it is on the available for selection.

Screen Shot 2017-08-26 at 7.41.26 AM.png

I tested this in a copy of Production where I am able to restart Windchill. Same results. I know it is the same managed attribute list (the one I update and the one that is used on the type).

Update:

Woke up this morning with the solution in my head...

Log in with wcadmin access (site) select the Managed Type item (CR in my case), select the Attribute (Project number) and then display the Constraints. Select Edit on the Type and then (edit) pencil on the value list. I then just moved the active project value from the "removed from selection list" and moved it into the "Available for selection" list. Select OK and then save and done on the Type.

The attribute value is then displayed correctly when used.

This is still a bug and I have the case open with support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have a similar attribute and I noticed the same issue.  this is based on a configuration we chose in contraints tab of the attribute. If you select "New enumeration based on global enumeration", this is expected behaviour. The correct option for this is "Use global enumeration", highlighted in the below screenshot.

enumeration.jpg

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

We have a similar attribute and I noticed the same issue.  this is based on a configuration we chose in contraints tab of the attribute. If you select "New enumeration based on global enumeration", this is expected behaviour. The correct option for this is "Use global enumeration", highlighted in the below screenshot.

enumeration.jpg

Top Tags