cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New Lifecycle Template Not Visible

TomU
23-Emerald IV

New Lifecycle Template Not Visible

Is there some trick to using a newly created lifecycle template? I created a new one on our test system and have it set to enabled, but it’s not listed when attempting to reassign the lifecycle on an existing object. Is there something else I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomU)

Haven't experienced this, so just some thoughts that might give clues.

90% sure it's this one: Is the new LC assigned to a type other than the root wtObject?
Is the new LC created in a Product/Lib and your data being re-assigned is elsewhere?

A test might be to assign the LC in an OIR and see if a new object gets created using it - if not, something may be corrupted.

Could export it, delete it, re-import it (or import to a Product/Library) and see if anything different.

Any special characters in the LC name? Maybe try renaming.

Try making it a Routing LC and then see if it shows up in ProjectLink Document Route.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Haven't experienced this, so just some thoughts that might give clues.

90% sure it's this one: Is the new LC assigned to a type other than the root wtObject?
Is the new LC created in a Product/Lib and your data being re-assigned is elsewhere?

A test might be to assign the LC in an OIR and see if a new object gets created using it - if not, something may be corrupted.

Could export it, delete it, re-import it (or import to a Product/Library) and see if anything different.

Any special characters in the LC name? Maybe try renaming.

Try making it a Routing LC and then see if it shows up in ProjectLink Document Route.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

MikeLockwood sent me the answer.

"Is the new LC assigned to a type other than the root wtObject?"

Bingo. I didn't realize moving the cursor around in that list at the bottom actually did something. It just seemed like a read-only list.

lc.PNG

Top Tags