Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Lifecycle Template Not Visible

SOLVED
TomU
Emerald II

New Lifecycle Template Not Visible

Is there some trick to using a newly created lifecycle template? I created a new one on our test system and have it set to enabled, but it’s not listed when attempting to reassign the lifecycle on an existing object. Is there something else I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Lifecycle Template Not Visible

Haven't experienced this, so just some thoughts that might give clues.

90% sure it's this one: Is the new LC assigned to a type other than the root wtObject?
Is the new LC created in a Product/Lib and your data being re-assigned is elsewhere?

A test might be to assign the LC in an OIR and see if a new object gets created using it - if not, something may be corrupted.

Could export it, delete it, re-import it (or import to a Product/Library) and see if anything different.

Any special characters in the LC name? Maybe try renaming.

Try making it a Routing LC and then see if it shows up in ProjectLink Document Route.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Haven't experienced this, so just some thoughts that might give clues.

90% sure it's this one: Is the new LC assigned to a type other than the root wtObject?
Is the new LC created in a Product/Lib and your data being re-assigned is elsewhere?

A test might be to assign the LC in an OIR and see if a new object gets created using it - if not, something may be corrupted.

Could export it, delete it, re-import it (or import to a Product/Library) and see if anything different.

Any special characters in the LC name? Maybe try renaming.

Try making it a Routing LC and then see if it shows up in ProjectLink Document Route.

View solution in original post

MikeLockwood sent me the answer.

"Is the new LC assigned to a type other than the root wtObject?"

Bingo. I didn't realize moving the cursor around in that list at the bottom actually did something. It just seemed like a read-only list.

lc.PNG

Polls

Windchill Customers

What browser do you most commonly use? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Other)

Announcements
Learn more about how we are using our browser poll here