Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Solr Configuration in Windchill 11 Issues

SOLVED
BrianToussaint
Tanzanite

New Solr Configuration in Windchill 11 Issues

So I am going through the new setup for Solr in my test upgrade environment and have gotten stuck with the step where it says to generate a password in encrypted format.  A few questions on it.

• Am I supposed to use the same user name and password that I created during the install process?
  • I am getting the following error:
    • 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. - I had to install java to get to this point and I am guessing it knows where it is.
Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New Solr Configuration in Windchill 11 Issues

I used the same user I provided while installing the Solr server. I copied over the Windchill JDK to my Solr server. After that I set the wt.index.server.jdk property and added SOLR_JAVA_HOME variable in set_env in SolrServer/bin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I used the same user I provided while installing the Solr server. I copied over the Windchill JDK to my Solr server. After that I set the wt.index.server.jdk property and added SOLR_JAVA_HOME variable in set_env in SolrServer/bin

View solution in original post

I thought I was in a command prompt, but I was in the command prompt that had started the Solr Server and then shut down.  Once I opened a command prompt it found the java command.  @BineshKumar1, thank you for the information.  I have my SolrServer and Windchill server on the same machine, so the setup pointed wt.index.server.jdk already to that path.  I think that I will go ahead and change it to where I have installed the latest Java.

Polls

Windchill Customers

What browser do you most commonly use? (Chrome, Firefox, Edge Chromium, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Other)

Announcements
Learn more about how we are using our browser poll here