cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New WTPart Creation

shughes
4-Participant

New WTPart Creation

The company I work for has tasked me with ensuring that they are using Windchill "correctly." Currently, Windchill is being used as a document repository, with no versioning (for example, something that has been checked in is Version -.1 - something that I will need to address as well), and no WTPart usage.

The question here would be, is there a way to create the necessary WTParts with the right version short of checking out, then checking everything back in and using "Create and Associate Parts"? Or do I have some long weekends ahead of me?

We are currently using 9.1, and in theory we will be going to 10 in the near (unsure of time) future.

5 REPLIES 5
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:shughes)

We've been using Windchill for 7+ years now. 200,000 CAD Document Numbers Created Product Stucture via "backfill" en masse starting about 3 1/2 years ago. Lots of complexity to it but can be done. Can prepare most using spreadsheets and create Product Structure via Load. User has to have Modify permission for the CAD Documents at their current state (likely Released).

Mike,

if I remember since 9.1 ... or may be M060, there's no need anymore to have modifiy permission on CADDocuments to associate them to WTparts. Links are owned by WTparts.

Shaun

There's Out of the box loader tool that permit to load in WTpart and BOM links ... quite easy to build csv files if you have a correc Partt information in another tool like excel or ERP database...

regards

I guess when you write "document" you mean "CAD Document". Isn't it?

Any way... I am quite sure there is a command utility to create via batch WTPart from existing CAD Document. It is used (as option) in the Pro/Intralink migration process. I think you can check in your environment and PTC guide/help. I am not sure if it gives you versions "allignement".

In windchill 10.x there is a preference to control version synchronization. I do not remember in 9.1

regards,

Vittorio

Vittorio,

I believe you are referring to the Windchill Part Creation Utility.

And the preference is Windchill Workgroup Manager > Server > Auto Associate > Set Revision For Part in 9.1.

Yes Lori, exactly what I meant.

I am not sure if the preference has any relatioships (can drive wtpart revision in part creation utility).

Top Tags