cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New Windchill on same server as another version

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

New Windchill on same server as another version

I have installed Oracle 11g, SID is Wind, and Oracle 12c, SID is Wind12, on the same computer.That works fine. and does not cause any issues when I use Windchill 10 and Windchill 11 from different servers. This is in an out-of-the-box installation setting with no production data.

Now I want to do an upgrade to Windchill 11 of my production system on the same computer that is running Windchill 10. I am experimenting with a rehosted system. If I use a new loadpoint for Windchill 11, and a different Windchill name, like Windchill11, is that possible? It would make life simpler for my upgrade if I can. If I cannot do that, then I would need another server, which I do not have, nor the money to buy. Due to company policy, we do not run virtual servers on our production side of the house, which is a classified network with no internet access.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've done very similar.  Just have to have only one instance of Windchill DS running at a time.  Given this, can almost consider it as two separate hosts.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I've done very similar.  Just have to have only one instance of Windchill DS running at a time.  Given this, can almost consider it as two separate hosts.

Top Tags