cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

New object "CAD Part - XXXXXX.prt" has the same filename that already exists in the database in a restricted context. In order to upload this object, you must update this object in the workspace.

ptc-6642652
1-Newbie

New object "CAD Part - XXXXXX.prt" has the same filename that already exists in the database in a restricted context. In order to upload this object, you must update this object in the workspace.

What does this code mean?

New object "CAD Part - xxx.prt" has the same filename that already exists in the database in a restricted context. In order to upload this object, you must update this object in the workspace.

I have searched for this part and nothing comes up. I cannot check it in because of this error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Okay - problem solved. You have to rename it in PDMLink no in pro-e/creo. I didn't realize there was a difference.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ptc-6642652)

Basically, you already have something else in Windchill using this name. You can either rename the new object to something different or "Update" the new object to become the next iteration of the already existing object. If you decide to update, you will also need to check out (and possibly revise) after updating.

I have searched for the object in the database.. I can't find it. I tried to rename the object but that didn't work, it just made a copy. =/

Okay - problem solved. You have to rename it in PDMLink no in pro-e/creo. I didn't realize there was a difference.

Top Tags