cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Newbie Question: Dealing with Empty WC Document?

jimolson
3-Visitor

Newbie Question: Dealing with Empty WC Document?

Version: Windchill 13.0

Use Case: I'm an EE and newbie WC'er trying to upload PCB files to WC. Another employee has, as a courtesy to me, already created folders and prototype documents to his liking and pre-populated the WC documents with dummy (actually, just old) file content.. Despite my newbieness, I know how to upload my local files to pre-populated WC documents, overwriting the existing (placeholder) document. The WC wiz accidentally left an important WC document unpopulated with a dummy file. How do I upload my local content to that document? WC seems to push back on my attempt to put stuff in an empty document.

Description:

I'm an EE and newbie WC'er trying to upload PCB files to WC.

Another employee has, as a courtesy to me, already created folders and prototype documents to his liking and pre-populated the WC documents with dummy (actually, just old) file content.

Despite my newbieness, I know how to upload my local files to pre-populated WC documents, overwriting the existing (placeholder) document.

The WC wiz accidentally left an important WC document unpopulated with a dummy file. How do I upload my local content to that document?

WC seems to push back on my attempt to put stuff in an empty document.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:jimolson)

When you check out and edit the document, it will be available on that popup window wizard on the Set Attributes tab. In your case, change "No Content" in the drop down to Local file.

avillanueva_0-1727198436022.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Guessing without screen shots. Your dummy document likely has "No Content" has the choice. You need to change that in the section where is has primary content to local content. Then you can drag/drop the file or browser to upload it.  Should be all you need. What error message are you getting?

Thanks for the response avillanueva.  Here is a snapshot of the WC document attributes.  Say again where do I find the radio button that changes "primary content" to "local content"?
WC1.jpg

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

When you check out and edit the document, it will be available on that popup window wizard on the Set Attributes tab. In your case, change "No Content" in the drop down to Local file.

avillanueva_0-1727198436022.png

Announcements

Top Tags