cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

No file in the folder

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

No file in the folder

I ran WinDU in preparation for my upgrade from Windchill 10.0 to 11.0. When I looked in the Windchill logs folder, I noticed all of the log files for every vault folder. I opened them and found in some cases hundreds of this error message.
RMI TCP Connection(1797)-192.168.xx.xx: : Possibly corrupted DB: item #<some number> has no file in the folder

This from the WinDU Unrefernced file check. Does anyone have a solution? I do have a PTC call open, but that is another story!

5 REPLIES 5

hi Ben,

Did you run a content verify? Possibly this is a bug similar to what we see in remove unreferenced task

Ran wt.fv.tools.WContentVerify and it showed no files missing, yet a WinDU rerun still shows files missing.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Still waiting on a community and/or a PTC solution!

PTC call has been open for a week.

Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

Did you check Unreferenced Files Report (ListUnreferencedFiles) report in WinDU to check is there any Unreferenced files ?

If you see there are Unreferenced Files reported, try running Remove Unreferenced Files with the help of article CS56539

Also refer to this for more information on How does 'Remove Unreferenced Files' function work

regards,

Arshad

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Arshad)

Unreferenced Files report in WinDU is where I noticed the problem.

The log files from WinDU for each folder show issues with a number of files, usually a Possibly Corrupt DB message for many files. The Unreferenced file report shows 0 or a few unreferenced files, a lot less that the folder log file references.

I have run the Unreferenced Files WinDU task numerous times and still see the differences.

I have run the information in https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS100138 and see nothing being cleaned up.

If I don't hear from the PTC support person today, I will escalate the call due to lack of response!

Top Tags