cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

No ilinkclient.bat after Win 7 Install

ptc-76164
1-Newbie

No ilinkclient.bat after Win 7 Install

I managed to use the search function and found lots of helpful tips to get the Intralink client to run on Win 7 64 bit, but apparently, nobody has asked about my specific problem. The install runs to completion andclaims success, but after the installation, I don't have any shortcuts and I don't have a proiclient.bat (or whatever the .bat file is) in any of the ilink installation directories. So all those really helpful tips about tweaking the iclient.bat file don't help me, since I don't have one. :*(

I have admin priviledges on the client workstation and I'm running the following:

Windows 7 64bit Pro

and trying to install Pro/IntraSTINK 3.4 datecode M012 or M062 (I've tried both).

Any help or suggestions is/are greatly appreciated.

John S. Murray

Mechanical Engineer

ATK

1 REPLY 1

Thanks for all the replies, I never got it to work. Here are some of the suggestions, most of which are good practice/good work arounds.

-Don't use the default install location and never use spaces (<---I learned that "never use spaces" thinga long time ago)

-Install on an XP64 machine then copy it over (if I had access to an XP64 machine this would have been my next choice)

-Use "classic" view for the desktop personalization settings for Windows 7 (<--this is the first thing I do whenever I log in to windows for the first time, turn all that fluff off that just eats resources)

-Use the Windows 7 settings "Run as Administrator" and/or run in "Compatibility" mode of Vista or Vista SP2 (tried these in various combinations on the installation program with no difference in results)

Thank you all for the replies. In the end, I spent too much time messing with it and just contacted the individual at the other site I was trying to get the data from. They extracted it from the site specific Intralink server and copied it over to a network location I could access. This fit our needs for this effort. Should we actually need an Intralink client running here on Windows 7, it looks like we'll have to copy over a successful install from an XP64 machine. The strange thing for me was that the installation claimed to have completed successfully without errors, if I knew what was in the proilinkclient.bat, I might have been able to get it to run by copying or creating my own ilinkclient.bat. <shrug>

Thanks,

John

Top Tags