cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Not able to create a translation package in service information manager

ptc-5155031
1-Newbie

Not able to create a translation package in service information manager

Hi,

I have been trying to create a translation package using the steps specified above.

Here's a summary of what i've been doing so far

1. Installed a fresh copy of windchill with the demo data.

2. Selected a product, and created an information structure.

3. Added a textual content holder to that information structure.

4. Added contents to the textual content holder using Arbortext Editor and the attribute "translate" set to "yes".

5. Checked in the textual content holder to Windhchill and changed the state to "Released" ( the preparation state)

6. Created a translation package using the SIM Translation management module.

Now the problem I get is that, the success message "Translation package creation has been started" is displayed on the screen but my

Method Server console shows the following error.

ERROR : com.ptc.tml.utils.TMLUtils wcadmin -
com.ptc.tml.TranslationException: com.ptc.tml.TranslationException: wt.services.
applicationcontext.UnableToCreateServiceException: Unable to create service name
d "wt.fc.ReferenceDelegate" with requestor "null" and selector "null". Nested ex
ception is:
java.lang.InstantiationException
Nested exception is: wt.services.applicationcontext.UnableToCreateServiceExcepti
on: Unable to create service named "wt.fc.ReferenceDelegate" with requestor "nul
l" and selector "null". Nested exception is:
java.lang.InstantiationException

What i understand is that the requestor and selector values are null but i dont seem to find a way to set a particular value for these variables.

As a result of the above, the zip files are not created on my Vendor specific folder.

Can you please guide me on what am i missing here or where am i going wrong ?

Many Thanks,

Nick

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags