cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Not able to see new parts in non-active workspace

BrianStoddard
1-Newbie

Not able to see new parts in non-active workspace

I swear I used to be able to see all parts/assy's that hadn't been checked into Windchill in a non-active workspace without having to activate it. Is that true?? If so, is there a setting that allows me to see everything in a workspace without activating it?? I'm running Creo 2.0 with Windchill PDMLink 10.1 Datecode M040.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:BrianStoddard)

Brian,

Is the new data uploaded to the server-side workspace? If not, then this is expected. Only data that has been uploaded or checked in will appear in the inactive workspace--essentially what you see in the standalone browser is what will display in your inactive workspace in the embedded browser.

Please refer to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS179513

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Good morning Brian:

Specifically for what you are asking about, I like to use the stand alone internet browser to view the contents of other workspaces. This way you don't leave what you are working on and you can view other items without having to use another license. I have dual monitors and it makes it real easy to display side-by-side.

Good luck.

~Benito.

Let's say I have 2 workspaces, A & B. A is currently active. If I click on Workspaces in the embedded browser, I see both workspaces and see that A is active. If I click on workspace B to view the contents, I don't see any new parts/assy's that have not been checked into our Windchill server. If I activate workspace B, I now see those new parts/assy's.

The same thing happens in the stand alone browser except it obviously doesn't show what the active workspace is. In the past, regardless of what workspace I clicked on, I could see all the contents of the workspace (new parts, checked out parts, non-checked out parts, etc). Now, I only see the new parts if the workspace is active.

Also, my Object List is set to View All.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:BrianStoddard)

Brian,

Is the new data uploaded to the server-side workspace? If not, then this is expected. Only data that has been uploaded or checked in will appear in the inactive workspace--essentially what you see in the standalone browser is what will display in your inactive workspace in the embedded browser.

Please refer to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS179513

Thanks Lori. I uploaded the file without checking it in. It now shows up even when the workspace is not active.

Top Tags