cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Not able to send Subscription mail for 3000+ users at a time on Document Management.

RA_10614226
3-Visitor

Not able to send Subscription mail for 3000+ users at a time on Document Management.

We are not able to sent <subscription mail> for 3000+ users at a time.

Can someone please help here? 

10 REPLIES 10
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:RA_10614226)

Is there an error or screen shot you can send? What is the use case of sending email to such a large group?

Hi Avil,

Thank you for your response.

We don't have any error screen shot.

Here the issue is when we added a group containing 3000+ users  in the To list of subscription, it is only sending mail to 1200 users but not to 3000+ users.

Kindly let me know if you require any further details.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II

Test test this, watch the email or notification queue. If you see one entry created when it sends a mail, that suggests the restriction is in your email server or forwarder. If its PDMLink, you would see 3000 emails  generated and it actually showing only 1200 email jobs created showing that it hit a limit. I suspect that somewhere along the way, when it expands the to field, we are exceeding some field maximum but I also think that this issue is external to PDMLink.

Hi @avillanueva 

I would suspect same case.

3k+ emails in one shot is really nice spam generator. 

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:HelesicPetr)

avillanueva_0-1699973865441.png

Hi,

We already checked with the PTC on this and they confirmed they is no limitation and we can send n number of mails.

So, I am checking if any one faced similar issue.

Hi @RA_10614226 

Check email queue if there are any records of failed emails.

HelesicPetr_1-1699970992163.png

HelesicPetr_0-1699970950806.png

HelesicPetr_2-1699971015275.png

On the detail page of the record there can be presented some error. Check it and share it. 

PetrH

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Hi would try after setting property wt.mail.maxRecipients  to 3000+ , and a restart  :

• xconfmanager -s wt.mail.maxRecipients=<maximum number of recipients> -t codebase\wt.properties -p

Its also worth to check smtpd_recipient_limit if you are using postfix as SMTP server 

Fede

Hello Fadel,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried the above step but still the issue exists.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

There is no other setting from windchill side, you should investigate limitations from your SMTP Relay/Gateway , did you discussed this with your IT ?

Fede
Announcements

Top Tags