cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

OIR for user entered name

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

OIR for user entered name

I am setting up a new installation of Windchill 11.0 M030 and having issues with getting the OIRs to ask for the file name instead of using a sequence number from the DB.

I have looked at sample code, even the code from my other installation (which someone else set up at V8) and am having problems understanding the code within the OIR.

Is there someplace in the documentation that explains the various value and constraint parameters used in an OIR that I haven't found?

Will someone share their OIR for number that will ask for the number instead of pulling the sequence from the db?

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Follow on question.

In the system default OIRs, I see these lines, but no explanation in the docs.

ignore="false"

force="false"

final="false"

In one for number, it has

algorithm="null"

ignore="true"

Most of the other value settings have some com.ptc.foundation.xxx.xxx.xx.xx algorithm.

Generally people disable auto-numbering, resulting in a blank field for the Number and Name to be filled in by users.  There are at least 30 different ways provided by PTC (might be a slight exaggeration) for how to disable auto-numbering in various Help and CS articles but that's partly because there are a lot of options for mapping Name to Number, doing different things with WTParts depending on the type, etc.

Top Tags