cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Old Seat of Pro E Wildfire

bmarchand
1-Newbie

Old Seat of Pro E Wildfire

Hi Everyone

I tried to get this going a while ago but It didn't happen

I have an old seat of Pro-E Wildfire Datecode 2002490, which was the first wildfire release (I also have all my 2001 CD's as well)

I would like to use this seat again but have had no luck getting PTC to get it going for me

I have my customer number, my last site number, my last release sales order number, my packing slips, My original invoices for pro-e 2001 with the maintenance added on for a year.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or the right person to help me out

I design using UG at work, but would like to use Pro-e at my personal business

Thanks,

Brian Marchand

Marchand Design

7 REPLIES 7

Take a look at this article Updating license to test Creo 3.0 M030

Marco

tthe problem is that I cannot create a customer account. I put my customer number in and the next piece of information it WANs is a scn number, son number or sIte number. I tried all of my numbers and they say they don't match. These numbers are right on the paperwork I have in my hand. I don't understand why they don't match. But there is no way to get hold of support without them.

Brian,

SCN is the number of your active maintenance (Service Contract Number).

You can find it in PTC's bill.

Marco

The Maintenance was active in 2000, 2001, 2001 time frame, I'm not on current maintenance anymore

That's why I would like to get my seat of proe2001 or wildfire V1 going again, that's all I'm licensed for

I have my SCN number from then, but the automated system doesn't recognize this

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:bmarchand)

You don't have to be on maintenance to move a license from one host to another or to request a new license file. Simply call tech support and select "license management" from the directory.

bmarchand
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

OK, I will try that, Thanks

Going way back, from what you guys remember about the first release of wildfire (2002380) would you get that product licensed or stick with the proe2001 (2002150), or was the first wildfire release pretty stable?

I don't think the wildfire license will work on the 2001 version, if I remember correctly

Don't want to have to get another one once I get a new one

Capture.JPG

OK guys, got it going, I had to log on with my work address as it didn't recognize my name registered at PTC with my licenses--LOL

I have a problem though with the wildfire install, everything went well, no errors, but when I start, it runs for maybe 10 seconds and then screen disappears, shuts down instantly, do these error files help at all

Any idea's

Brian

Top Tags