Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old topic revisited. Customizing Workflow Email Templates

Aquamarine

Old topic revisited. Customizing Workflow Email Templates

I've read the help and old posts from 2013 on this topic. I can see that this uses the old template processors and the developer is 8 years retired to Shangri-La. So who here has mucked with this? Users are asking for some basics for both workflow task emails and notification emails:

• Put PBO number in email subject
  • Remove unneeded attributes from email body (who cares who created Product area)
  • Pass more attribute detail in body of email like workflow attributes. 

Windchill help has this confusing verbiage about "Subject" templates. What the heck is that? Does this pick a template based on the task name? Who wrote this?

Lastly, is there a complete listing of all possible methods that can be called? It might be worth it to extend it and add more custom methods for more functionality. Windchill 11.1 BTW.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Old topic revisited. Customizing Workflow Email Templates

The easiest way I know to customize the subject of the email is to rename the assigned activity with some code in the activity's start transition. As an example see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS151717. That's usually as far as I go customizing the notification. To me the email doesn't matter much. I prefer to just customize the task completion page using the templates through the UI. You can create custom html templates for email in <Windchill_home>\codebase\templates\workNotification and use them in a notify-by-email node in the workflow but that gets to be too much to implement and maintain.

Announcements